OVERALL BENEFITS OF THE CORE University Information Systems
No posts found.
SAIS-Student Academic Information System
- More efficient enrollment process, reduction in long lines of students. Registration is done mostly via student self-service.
- Access to comprehensive student records including grades, financial records, etc.
- Increased efficiency and productivity due to use of online processes.
- Real-time access to enrollment data such as over- and under-subscribed courses, which can help in decisions to open new classes, close others, etc.
- Access to data across CUs (when authorized) which will facilitate cross-registration, transfers, application for graduate studies, etc.
- Ability to manage scholarships and financial aid.
- Timely generation of consolidated reports as well as reports organized by CU, college, major, etc. which can be made available to all authorized personnel.
- Availability of advising tools, evaluation tools, and communication tools.
FMIS – Financial Management Information System and SPCMIS – Supplies, Procurement, and Campus Management Information System
- Improved back office operations by eliminating duplication and redundancy in entering and processing financial transactions. Increased transparency and accountability.
- Timely and accurate generation of standard financial reports, such as daily collections, monthly expenditures, and reports required by the Commission on Audit.
- Reduce time to comply with changes in forms, codes, and regulations promulgated by CoA, BIR, etc.
- Ability to produce consolidated reports for the university, as well as reports organized by CU, College, office, etc. Reports will be easily accessible by authorized personnel.
- Ability to track and analyze financial transactions, to determine bottlenecks and inefficiencies.
- Ability to generate financial information in relation to university operations, such as analysis of expenses and revenues. Real-time tracking of expenses and revenues. Ability to track receivables and loans.
- Streamlined and paperless processes. Consistency of financial processes among CUs.
HRIS – Human Resource Information System
- Complete and accurate employee data, which can be accessed by employees and authorized HR personnel at any time.
- Ability to generate timely and accurate reports. These include consolidated reports covering the entire University, as well as reports organized by various criteria such as by CU, by College, by position, by date of employment, etc. These reports can be made easily available to authorized personnel.
- Faster and easier generation of payroll. Ability of employees to see their payroll details including benefits earned, deductions, etc.
- Faster, more efficient and paperless processes. Employees will be able to track the progress of their applications. Processes can be monitored to determine bottlenecks.
- Generation of reports that combine employee and student data, such as faculty-student ratios.